Synopsis via IMDB: “Decades-old found footage from NASA’s abandoned Apollo 18 mission, where two American astronauts were sent on a secret expedition, reveals the reason the U.S. has never returned to the moon.”
Written by: Brian Miller, Cory Goodman
Directed by: Gonzalo López-Gallego
- Warren Christie – uncredited
- Lloyd Owen – uncredited
- It’s treated as though it’s actual footage.
- Good amount of suspense.
- You’ll jump out of your seat at least once.
- The acting was good. You’ll feel what they feel.
- Creates a feeling of hopelessness right away and is able to hold it.
- When the film is over you think, “Could this be real”?
- Intriguing ending to the movie. Leaves you wondering, “Could something bigger be coming down the road?”
- Very unique look at what an alien could be.
- The entire movie is viewed through the usage of security cameras and hand held cameras. You’ll feel like you’re watching footage from the 70’s and this can be difficult at times.
- The first 30 minutes or so are slow but it does pick up pace at the end.
- When it ends, you’ll be left with a feeling of sadness.
Final Thought: The movie is played as if it’s real found footage and does it perfectly. This is a film worth seeing. I’m excited to see if they do anything with a sequel or if this is building to something bigger in the future. Go see this movie!