I can’t believe it was 3 years ago today that I sat down at my computer and posted the very first article on The Geek Generation. It’s been a fun few years with many highs and lows, but I feel like even 3 years in we’re just getting started. This year has been full of milestones, and it seems fitting that this third-anniversary post is also our 2000th post on the site!!
Here are some of the exciting things that happened this year for The Geek Generation:
- The podcast is up to 114 episodes and featured guests like Chris Gore, Bob Kieffer, Ali Baker, Aaron Roden, Shawn Marek, and the return of Scott Herman
- We welcomed new co-host Mikey Arsenault to the show
- We broke the 20,000 mark for show downloads… TWENTY THOUSAND!!
- “SuperFan” Chris Tong started recording Obscure Movie Reviews
- Jarred Lorusso recorded our first in-studio music performance
- Staff writer Kendra Kocinski took on the role of Assistant Editor
- Damien Cranshaw came on board as our Nintendo columnist
- We increased our Con presence, attending New York Comic Con, Super Megafest, and recording from the show floor of the very first Rhode Island Comic Con
- We reached out to the cosplay community, conducting several interviews with cosplayers at NYCC and RICC, and starting the Cosplay Spotlight
- We opened The Geek Generation online store
Many thanks to those of you who have read and listened to anything we’ve created. We’re just a handful of geeks trying to add something to the community, for our generation and yours.