Previous videos of X-Men: Destiny haven’t given us much of a clue as to what kind of a game we’ll be getting, but the February issue of the Official Xbox Magazine will have a large article featuring the game. Here are some key points from the article:
- The tone of the game is said to be “dark, mature, & intense” striving towards an adult feel, but a Mature rating is said to not be likely.
- San Francisco is divided into human & non-human sectors as Professor X is dead.
- The game starts with a peace rally being staged to pay tribute to Professor X, which is when you are prompted to pick one of three characters in the crowd.
- OXM’s Activision guide chose Adrian Luca as their character.
- The game presents the player with frozen in time “decision moments”, indicating it’s time for players to make a big choice. The first big choice in the game allows you to pick your power archetype ranging from being able to manipulate matter and your body mass, energy projection, or a third one that was kept a secret.
- The game allows you to decide who is friend or foe in the X-Men universe.
- Cyclops, Quicksilver, Surge, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, & Gambit are confirmed to make an appearance in the title, with plenty more to be announced.
- X-Genes play a rather large role in the game, ranging from boss fights to deciding to give it to an X-Men, or someone else to form another alliance.
- Linking together a good amount of attacks will fill up your “Mutant power” meter, allowing you to pull off even stronger special attacks.
- One of the special attacks described as a part of the “Mutant power” meter was “Force Pillars”. The attack was said to produce crowd clearing beams that rise from the ground.