We had previously reported that the SNES classic Tecmo Super Bowl was getting revamped and updated for PSN and XBLA. Tecmo has now confirmed that report with an official press release. The statement not only confirms the title, Tecmo Bowl Throwback, but it also pulled back the curtain on some new features that we’ll be seeing when the game is released for download in Spring 2010.
The mentioned features are:
- Online Multiplayer: Find your old buddies online and challenge them to matches just like back in the day
- 2D + 3D Graphics: Experience all new 3D graphics with the ability to switch to the classic 2D style!
- Customizable Teams and Rosters: Play as any of the 32 teams with customizable team names and rosters in full seasons
- Online Leaderboards: Compare your stats in a wide array of online leaderboards
- Classic Game Modes: Battle it out with your friends and kick off a game in Preseason, Season or Pro Bowl modes
Looks like we’ll not only be getting the anticipated online multiplayer mode, but just in case you have no interest in a graphical update, you can still get Bo Jackson running all over the field in the classic 2D.
You can get an early look at the game with the screenshots below.