Disney is set to celebrate Disney+ Day on Friday, November 12, 2021, by releasing a ton of brand-new movies, TV series, and other presentations to the service.
Two movies that will hit the streamer on that date are Marvel’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of The Ten Rings, as well as Disney’s Jungle Cruise.
Other content scheduled for release that day are:
- The new movie Home Sweet Home Alone, a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called Olaf Presents, which sees the Frozen character retelling several classic Disney tales
- Disney animation shorts including Frozen Fever, Feast, Paperman, and Get a Horse!
- The animated short Ciao Alberto, featuring characters from Pixar’s Luca
- A new short from The Simpsons
- The first five episodes from Season 2 of The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- A special celebrating Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
Warner Bros. Pictures has officially changed the release date for the upcoming third installment of the Fantastic Beasts films, which has now been titled Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.
Originally scheduled for a July 15, 2022 release, the sequel has now been moved up to three months earlier, and is currently slated to arrive in theaters on Friday, April 15, 2022.
With many of the cast returning from prior films, the movie is also set to introduce Mads Mikkelson as the new Grindelwald, the villainous character first portrayed by Johnny Depp.
Netflix has announced the main voice cast for the upcoming animated series adaptation of Riot Games’ League of Legends video game, titled Arcane. Leading the series are Hailee Steinfeld and Ella Purnell, who are lending their voices to the characters of Vi and Jinx, respectively.
The announcement comes with the release of new Arcane posters featuring a look at the characters. The full trailer for the animated event is slated to debut this Saturday, September 25th during Netflix’s Tudum event.
Arcane will be available for streaming sometime this Fall.