ArkanoArena is a new game for iPhone/iPod Touch from Sketch Games and is available for $1.99 in the App Store. Here’s the description:
ArkanoArena for iPhone has easy-to-use touch controls and unique steampunk graphics that put a next-gen twist on an old favorite. Unexpected bonuses hidden within each of its 50 addictive levels and the ability to upgrade weapons and equipment add a new layer of strategy and customization to traditional brick-breaking gameplay. Three difficulty modes, unlockable achievements, and GameCenter leaderboards add replay value to an already addictive experience.
I’m a busy guy, and I’m sure you are too, so here’s the breakdown in the simplest way I can do it.
+ Classic Arkanoid-style gameplay
+ Steampunk fans will dig the art style and color scheme
+ Lots of different backgrounds that change, even when replaying the same level
+ Tons of gameplay for only $1.99. How can you argue with that??
+ Music is unobtrusive and stays in the background, which it should for a game like this
+ Armory and armed enemies add a new dynamic
– Controls feel clunky, but I have issues with iPhone game controls in general
– The steam sound on the “paddle” gets annoying quickly
– Limited color scheme makes it tough to tell one power-up from another
– Might just be me, but I haven’t been able to pull off hitting the ball with the side of the “paddle.”
– At times, I couldn’t tell what the power-up I’d just gotten was doing
Well worth the price. Want to buy it now?? Here ya go: ArkanoArena for iPhone/iPod Touch